Friday, May 21, 2010

Meetings... and a little bit of hope

The project is getting a little more volatile then I would have liked. I forgot how demanding a film project is on your emotional and mental state. Since the last entry we have experienced huge disappointments and but found hope in unexpected areas.
I was getting very stressed out, because I was planning to have a camera person with the project from as early as possible, but we were not getting anywhere. Everyone seems to be based in London and as close a Bournemouth is to London, I need someone who is here to test for quite some time. After all it’s most likely new technology to all of us and I don’t have the budget to pay for expenses like that.
So we decided to just go for it and hold some auditions, see if we like any of the people, who show up and how interested they are in the project and the technology.
I was very pleasantly surprised that we already have a very strong contender. I’m going into this weekend’s phone interviews with the feeling, that we might have already found the right person for the job and that he is the one to beat. So there is one thing less to worry about.
But the weekend will also see another kind of audition, because we are at the same time looking to find the right actors. We just want to make sure that we are not running out of time and that we really can choose the right person. Looking at the applications I’m very hopeful that we will fill the part for the little girl. The watchmaker is a whole different story. No one really looks the part, but we have to wait and see.
Yesterday, I went location scouting in Winchester and I like the place so much. Both watch shops I looked at would be suitable and at least one of them seems like we really have a chance. Having a location would be another crucial step towards making this film a reality. But I will have to wait until Monday, for their decision. I really hope it will be a positive result.
When it comes to animators, there really seems to be the feeling that we are aiming to high. But no one of yet has replied back to me. I putting it down to the fact, that the animators have a week off at the moment. But I’m still left with a bad feeling. Again we have to wait until Monday to find out more. If nobody replies I will send out another proposal and see if I can actually speak to any of them.
Another major point of worry, was the kit. I’ve heard rumors about 3D rigs, but so far I was not able to confirm any of them. Instead I phoned a company in Bournemouth in the hope that they could give me a little bit of information. Instead I was told to come around with a camera person and have a chat with the aim of getting a 3D camera rig for a couple of days. What really blew my mind though, was that he said, that if the dates are right, we would be able to get their rig for free. I wanted to cry. I just hope I’m not celebrating too early.
Never mind this great prospect, I am going to see, if any of the rumors are true as well, because it would be good to have some practice, even if it is not the rig we will use in the end.

Originally, I wanted this blog to be of a more technical nature. I wanted to write down my understanding of the technology involved in s3D. But somehow there is so much to do, that I don’t feel I have the time or space to actually write about that. After all, I want the information I will be giving to be correct and backed by what has been written about s3D before. Maybe I get around to it eventually.

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment